Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The BEST Christmas

I think I said it about 100 times on Christmas, but I will say it again. I honestly think this was our best Christmas yet (minus Chip and Vanessa's absence before Christmas). We had so much fun spending quality time together making a gingerbread house, decorating cookies, watching movies, playing games, and hanging out with family!



On the 23rd we enjoyed our annual nice dinner out with my family. This year we started up at my mom's house for appetizers and drinks and then headed up Keltie's Restaurant in Westfield. It did not disappoint! After dinner we headed back to my mom's house for grasshoppers. Grasshoppers are a childhood favorite of mine that my grandma used to make me - blended ice cream and cream de menthe. Yes, my grandma gave me alcohol at the age of 12.

Justin, Charlie, and I decided to make a night of it and spend the night at mom's house. We had a fabulous slumber party.


The morning of the 24th, I helped my mom prepare lunch while Justin did manly things like change the furnace filters and fix the wireless internet. Michael and Emily arrived for presents and mimosas. We got some good loot - yoga mat, yoga towel, makeup, giftcards, and jewelry for me, and clothes and giftcards for Justin.

We also had some funny gifts.


Yes, Justin got some potatoes.

Of course, the dogs exchanged gifts.


Family picture time!


After we took pictures in front of the tree, the dogs wanted in on the fun as well!

How cute are they?!?!

For lunch we enjoyed a wonderful beef fondue meal. It was so much fun to cook the meat and veggies together in the fondue pot.

After a quick nap, Justin, my mom, and I raced off to church. First to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel where we were greeted with a full church, then to St. Maria Goretti. We arrived to Goretti 45 minutes early so we managed to get a seat there.

After church, Justin and I raced off to Clay City to see the nieces and nephews perform in the Christmas program. After the program, we opened presents with Justin's family (12 adults and 7 children - it was a full house!). Chip and Vanessa even made it out of DC safely. Then Justin and I drove home to Indy around 1am. It was a late night but such a great day!

On Christmas Day, Justin and I enjoyed a nice brunch of omelets, potatoes, and bacon while the mimosas were flowing once again. We exchanged gifts (more good stuff!) and drank more mimosas. My mom came over with Charlie, and next thing we knew another bottle of wine was gone! I had so much fun seeing my mom on Christmas day. Usually she is jetting off to Florida on Christmas, so it was wonderful to have her around!!


More treats for Charlie as well.


Mid afternoon Justin and I headed over to my dad's house (with a brief stop at Kendra's house!). We visited with the family at my dad's and played Apples to Apples late into the night.

So there you have it - the best Christmas yet!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad you got to spend it with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a good Christmas! Very relaxing. I'm curious about this yoga mat...is it a heavy duty one? I'm hoping to get back into yoga this coming week and see you at an evening class maybe!

    ReplyDelete