Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boston Day 3

The following day we were not so lucky, and woke up to a rainy Boston. We sucked it up and made the trip to Harvard University anyway. Harvard has a beautiful campus with so much history, but unfortunately I feel like we didn't enjoy it as much as we should have. It was founded in 1636 and has been the university of choice for many famous people. Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a mad mood due to the constant rain and failed to appreciate its beauty. I was very frustrated because I was soaking wet and had forgotten my umbrella. Enough of my complaining...the student-run, unofficial tour of the university, known as the Hahvahd tour (Bostonians tend to ignore the pronunciation of Rs), was hilarious.

Right off the T stop in Cambridge. No rain at this point (yet).

Harvard Yard
Harvard University
Justin and John Harvard

After a quick stop at the hotel to dry out, we cabbed it to Cheers. Although it was only 1 mile away, you couldn't have paid me to walk in the rain again that day.

At the Cheers Bar, which really looks nothing like the TV show, but it was still fun!

My beer was this delicious Harpoon raspberry wheat beer...loved it!

On the dinner menu was more seafood. Gotta get it while you can! For some reason we totally messed up the location of Skipjacks (our dinner spot) and walked 1.5 miles to the completely wrong side of town. Once we realized it, we walked around 3 miles to the correct side of town, enjoyed dinner, and then walked home. It wasn't raining out so I was more than happy to be outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment