Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boston Day 4

On our final day in Boston, we visited Fenway Park. Unfortunately, the Red Sox were not in town during our vacation, or we would have gone to a game. A tour of Fenway Park had to suffice. Once again, the rain was really coming down during the tour, and I was none too thrilled about running out onto the Green Monster for a picture. Justin, on the other hand, was a much better sport. Overall, we both really enjoyed the tour and were impressed with the history of the stadium and its dedicated fans. Maybe we have become Red Sox fans now?


I was smiling because I was sitting inside the DRY press box. :-) Please ignore the fact that I have the same sweatshirt on in every picture. It was the warmest thing I had, and it was so cold there! I had to put fashion on hold for my well-being. I promise I washed it three times during the week.

After the tour of Fenway, we decided to head back to the Boston Long Wharf Harbor in hopes of reserving a spot on a historical cruise boat. This should come to no surprise, but the boat was canceled due to the rain. Notice the theme of the week? So we headed to Wagamama's for lunch. Wagamama's has a special place in my heart after eating there all the time in London. I was thrilled to find one in Boston.


Justin enjoyed his Asian-inspired dish, and I munched away on some salt and chili pepper edamame. Yum!

After lunch, Justin took off to attempt to find another boat to go on while I paid the bill. He called me and asked if a trip to St. George's Island was ok. Without knowing a thing about it, I agreed. We boarded the ship and took off on the cruise to the Island (note: the rain had subsided at this point). Well, I was less than impressed with the Island. Maybe if I was some history buff or something, it might have been interesting, but I much prefer shopping and purses and shoes than history. It was an old fort used during the Civil War, Fort Warren. Just a tip, if you ever go to Boston, don't waste your time. We walked around the fort for an hour with the ONE other family on the island with us. I refused to walk up the nasty stairwell that were infested with bats. I will say that Justin had good intentions of finding something fun to do in the rain, and I am sorry it wasn't more of a hit!

Enough of Fort Warren, time for bigger and better things! Next, we enjoyed some fabulous desserts and coffee at Mike's Pastry. We both loved the Boston Cream Pie and Whoopie Pie.

Then we returned to the hotel where Justin spent the next 2 hours working on his best man speech. He rehearsed it over and over again until it was well-polished. To end the night, we had a very enjoyable dinner in the North End (Italian district). We ate at a quaint little restaurant called Al Dente. We both agreed it was absolutely delicious.

4 days in Boston were a success, and now it was wedding time!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, vacation posts!!!! Looks like you had some great food! Sorry that it rained the whole time...that stinks. I was pumped to see the Mike's Pastry picture...I've been there! My friend Mel lived just down the street from Mike's in an awesome apartment in the North End.

    Can't wait to see wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, Fun! Will is dying to do the same thing! I love the whale sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete